It is Super Bowl weekend and I am looking forward to cheering on the Atlantic Falcons! I will also be spending my Sunday morning up at the mountains for a trail run. It will then be time to prep for our Super Bowl party. We will be watching the game, playing cards, and enjoying this beautiful Arizona weather.
We have a lot on our super bowl menu this year. I will be sharing some of my recipes with you all over the next few days. I am starting us out with making chicken salad to snack on. It is great with celery, on lettuce leaves, or even with some rice crackers. I made a big batch because one I already have a big family and two we are have guest coming!!
Trail Mamma’s Chicken Salad
- 2lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast (organic if can)
- Minced Onion
- 1 1/4 cup chopped Celery
- 1 cup of quartered Grapes
- Walnuts – couple handfuls to your liking *Optional
- 10 TBSP Mayonnaise or more if needed
1. Cook chicken with minced onion, garlic, salt and pepper. When chicken is cooked through set aside to cool. I even make my chicken the night before. Then shred the chicken.
2. Cut up the celery and grapes and set aside with the walnuts
3. In a big bowl mix the chicken and mayonnaise untiled combined. Add in a himalayan salt, ground pepper, ground oregano, thyme, and garlic powder until your liking. For me it is usually a few shakes of each. Add in the celery and mix. Fold in the walnut pieces if you are adding. I only use a couple handfuls of walnuts and break up the pieces with my hands. Finally add in the grapes and give one last stir.
I hope you all enjoy this as much as we do. Makes for great snacks and quick lunches throughout the week too!