Growing up in my family it was a birthday tradition to pick our favorite dessert. Oh Oreo Ice Cream Dessert how I miss you! I think a Gluten Free version needs to roll out this year! Maybe Easter dessert?!?
My boy turns 8 today and I hold true to my family’s tradition. It is a day all about them and their favorites! I love how excited he gets when he plans out the menu the day before. He has never been a real big meat eater, so it was no surprise that this day will be filled with fruits, mixed salad, and a few sweets!
His menu for the day:
Breakfast: French Toast and Chia Pudding
Lunch: Chili and Salad
Dinner: Make his own pizza and Salad
Dessert: Mug cakes
Oh and we can’t forget his request from his grandparents yesterday of “monkey meat”. YUM
So let’s get down to breakfast business!
- Gluten Free Bread – I used Canyon Bakehouse brand
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour (optional)
* makes approximately 22 pieces
- Beat 8 eggs in a shallow dish
- Add vanilla, coconut sugar, cinnamon and beat together
- Add gluten free flour (optional) and beat together
- Soak each side of a piece of bread with the egg mixture.
- Cook until golden brown on each side
- Serve warm. Top with fruits/nuts/maple syrup
* gluten free flour is optional. I use either Otto’s Natural Cassava Flour or Namaste brand. My great grandma always added flour to her recipe. She said it helps thicken the egg mixture some. I’ve never made mine without 😃
*makes great leftovers too. Warm up in a toaster or in a skillet! Enjoy.