Wow I was just blown away by the ending of the Super Bowl game… Wow is really I have to say about it too. Like watching on the edge of your seat kind of game!
On a brighter side we enjoyed having a great group of people over and delicious food to partake in. Spending time with family and friends is where it is at. So thankful to have met such an incredible couple thanks to Rob’s job almost 13 years ago. With us relocating to Arizona a year and a half ago brings us back together again. It was a day full of laughter and kiddos running around having fun.
So I decided to take on an alternative to a Taco Dip. It has been a long time since I have had a taco dip and it just sounded good to me. I was able to throw together a healthier option and thought it tasted delicious too. Even my 6 year old gobbled some up with a spoon 🙂
Party Taco Dip
- 1 can organic refried beans ( I used Amy’s Organic Refried Beans)
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning- homemade
- 1tbs chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chopped dry onion
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 ripe avocados smashed
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Himalayan salt
- 1 c sour cream or enough just to cover a layer. (I used Green Valley Lactose Free Sour Cream)
- 1/2 jar medium organic salsa or enough to cover a layer
- 1½ – 2 c 4 shredded gout gouda cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Mix refried beans with taco seasoning.
- Layer refried bean mix on the bottom of a glass dish.
- Mash the flesh of 2 avocados,and add lemon juice, garlic powder, chopped onion powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Layer guacamole on top of the refried beans.
- On top of guacamole, add a layer sour cream.
- Add layer of salsa on top of guacamole
- Sprinkle cheese on top of salsa, then top with toppings of choosing. Then add a little more cheese to garnish on top.
I served it up with some corn chips of course…I hope you all enjoy this as I did. Now I will wait another 365 more days to have it again!!