Wow it has been awhile since I have posted. I have been compiling my blog post, but haven’t blocked out the time to post them. With the school year in full force, it has been crazier then what I expected. Dropping kiddos off at two different schools and then taking my youngest back four days a week in the afternoon for speech/language class has me on my toes. Plus Rob and I both training for triathlons coming up makes it hectic right now, but I am loving every minute of it. So I am trying to dedicate more time to my blogging!
With things keeping me busy I need something I can easily grab quickly and eat on the go if needed. There are times I am working out right up until I have to go pick up the youngest two in the morning. I don’t like to wait until I get back home before I get something into my body to eat after working out. So lately it has been tuna salad. I eat it with plantain chips, apples, celery, or cucumbers. It is refreshing and hits the spot every time!
I make my own mayo that you can find here. Feel free to substitute with a healthy store bought one too.
- 3 cans of tuna ( I like Wild Albacore Tuna that I get from Costco)
- Chop fresh onion or a handful of shakes of dried chopped onion
- 1 tsp of ground fennel ( I use whole seed and ground in a pepper shaker)
- Himalayan salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup of mayo
- Empty tuna into bowl and break up with a fork
- Add seasonings and mix in
- Add the mayo and mix until combined
Serve with apples, plantain chips, celery sticks, or put make a cucumber sandwich.