I received a bag of Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour (review coming soon) and have been doing some recipe testing. Seriously this flour is a game changer, so much so I just bought myself a bag. They just came out with a 5lb bag and I couldn’t pass it up! Their flour is Paleo certified, gluten-free, grain-free, and NUT-FREE! Made with 100% Yuca Root. You seriously need to get yourself some of this.
I whipped up some of my Paleo Banana Pancakes using Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour. I am excited to share this recipe with you. I now have another option I can send to school with my kiddos!
- 3/4 cup Ottos’ Naturals Cassava Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Mashed Banana
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 TBSP Melted Coconut Oil (Click on the link 45% off 1-gallon Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil until 5/5/2016 on Tropical Traditions)
- Mixed all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl mash the 1/2 banana
- Add the egg to the mashed banana and mix.
- Add the Coconut Milk and whisk until frothy
- Add in Melted Coconut Oil to the egg mixture
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. You may have a few small lumps and that is okay!
- Heat griddle and add 1tbsp of coconut oil to griddle. Add approximately 2 TBSP of pancake batter per pancake to griddle and spread out. Cook 5 minutes per side.
- Served with Kerrygold unsalted butter and Pure Maple Syrup. Topped with bananas or any fruit of your choosing. Also can serve with sunbutter and honey for school lunch sandwiches.
Enjoy! Keep it simple…With Purpose….With Love